Are you tired of all those broken promises to help you to lose weight quickly? Have you been searching for scientific proof to support a claim that something can make a positive change in your life and help you to shed those unwanted pounds? Well search no more. In this article, I will share with you some solid tips on fast weight loss for women which is backed by science.
I came across this amazing YouTube video by ‘Abraham the Pharmacist’ (You Tube videos below) which recommends a free diet and exercise plan that is supported by science and based off an Oxford University study. I shared this info with my wife and she simply loved it. I therefore decided to share it here with you. You can see what the results of the study were by watching the videos below.
In my opinion, this information will take you one step closer to becoming the very best version of yourself. With no further ado, let’s get right into it and start by looking at some quick fat facts.
Some links on this page may be affiliate links and we may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these. You can read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Quick Facts about Fat
Weight loss is not just about the inch that you can pinch. This fat is known as subcutaneous fat. The more dangerous fat is referred to as visceral fat. This is the fat which surrounds your abdomen and internal organs. Too much visceral fat increases the likelihood of someone developing heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and, in women, it’s also been shown to increase the risk of breast cancer.
Dietitians recommend that if each day, you eat 500 less calories than your daily requirement you will lose about 0.45 kilograms every 7 days which is about 1.8 kilograms every month. What this means is that eating less without doing any exercise can help you to lose weight. However, complementing a proper diet with routine exercise can lead to even better results. It can lead to a reduction in visceral fat, a reduction in blood pressure and a reduction in cholesterol. You can also expect to see significant reduction in your waistline.
Ladies, I’m sure you’ve read lots of information about fast weight loss for women. Please remember however that before embarking on any new diet or exercise program to lose fat, it is a very good idea to check your weight status beforehand. This may be done using a Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator and will help you to determine how much weight is healthy to lose.
For best results, avoid unhealthy snacks and fast foods.
In this diet, you will eat measured portion sizes of different types of foods using your hand as the main measuring tool.
Each day, aim to have the following:
- 3 fist-sized servings of carbohydrates (For example, potatoes, rice, bread, breakfast cereals)
- 2 palm-sized servings of lean protein (For example, fish, meat, nuts, poultry, eggs)
- 2 cupped handfuls of vegetables or salads
- 2 fist-sized servings of fruit (For example, fresh fruit, frozen fruits, canned fruits)
- 2 servings of fat or oil, which covers the tip of the thumb (vegetable oil, butter or fat spreads.)
- 200 ml or 1/2 of a pint of skimmed milk or semi-skilled milk. Alternatively, you can have 2 x 125 g pots of natural or low-calorie yogurt.
Some cheese is allowed but not too much. Bear in mind that one serving of cheese is about the size of a normal sized matchbox.
6 Recommended Exercises
Aim to perform these exercises for 4 days a week on alternating days, and doing at least 3 sets of 10.
- Single forearm plank – Place your forearms on the ground with the elbows aligned below the shoulders and arms parallel to the body. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can do a knee plank by resting your knees on the ground and placing your hands directly under your shoulder as if about to do a press up. Hold this for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Basic sit-up – Sit on the Bend your knees and keep them together while also keeping your hands on your chest or temples.
- Knee High Crunches – Lay on the floor and bend your knees, keeping your legs raised. Aim to touch the knees with your elbows keeping your hands by the side of your head. Squeeze your stomach when your elbows touch your knees.
- Basic Crunch – Lay on the floor, bend your knees and place your hands by the side of your head. Slowly contract your abdominal muscles, bringing your shoulder blades off the floor. You can add a slight variation to this exercise by doing leg high crunches. To do this, keep your legs straight in the air, contract your abdominal muscles and bring your shoulder blades off the floor and touch your toes.
- Sit up & Twist – This involves the same movement as the basic sit-up exercise. This time however you will rotate your body from side to side at the top. This will ensure that you work both sides of the abdominal muscles.
- Dorsal raises or superman – The aim of this exercise is to work the lower back muscles after completing abdominal exercises. Lay face down on the floor, stretch your arms and legs and slowly raise your chest and legs off the floor while squeezing the lower back. Then slowly lower them back to the floor.
Yes, you’ve seen countless information on weight loss for women making false claims so now you don’t know who or what to trust. To ease your mind, what I can tell you is that the diet and exercise program referenced in the foregoing You Tube videos is backed by science and appears to be quite manageable. It will however require some amount of discipline and dedication but the positive impact on your health will more than compensate for that.
It is a good time to also remind you that the past cannot be changed, but the future is yet in your power. The most effective diet and exercise plans are ones which involve lifestyle changes. Therefore, start to mold a brighter future for yourself by taking massive action today.
I have written other material about weight loss in the past. If you’re interested, you can check out my post on Flat Belly exercises.
Also, I am in the process of doing a product review on the Flat Belly Fix. This is a program which I have been hearing a lot of positive things about. You can check it out below:
Here’s wishing you massive success in your weight loss journey. Stay focused and you WILL achieve your goals!
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment below.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.